Shop by Category

FCC License Information

FCC License Information for Kenwood, Motorola and Vertex Standard Business Two Way Radios exists to help businesses and organizations improve internal communications.  Two Way Radios improve communication, enhance productivity, and allow for immediate response to critical situations.  We traditionally offer business and commercial class two way radios.  Most of these two way radios require an FCC License.  Here's a quick breakdown.  


UHF and VHF Two Way Radios

All 1, 2, 4, & 5 Watt UHF and VHF Business Two Way Radios require an FCC License.  Motorola Talkabout, FRS, and MURS walkie talkie models are exempt from the FCC Licensing requirements.  Both analog and digital two way radios require an FCC License.  


Motorola DTR and DLR Series Digital Two Way Radios

These radios do not require an FCC license to use.  The Motorola DTR and DLR Series Two Way Radios operate in the 900 megahertz license free range.  These two way radios offer some cool features including:  crystal clear audio, longer battery life, and the ability to have private conversations.  

MURS Two Way Radios

The Motorola RMM2050 is a MURS class two way radio.  MURS Two Way Radios do not require an FCC license in order to operate.  

How to get an FCC License is happy to assist you with acquiring your FCC License.  Please call us at 855-770-7194 for assistance.