Standard Horizon HX890 Floating 6 Watt Class-H DSC VHF/GPS Marine Handheld
Earn $50 Cash Back on your purchase of a Standard Horizon HX890 through September 30, 2020!
The Standard Horizon HX890 is the best selling Handheld Marine Radio with Integrated GPS on our website. This powerful, 6 Watt Radio is built with a 700 mW Speaker and noise canceling technology on both incoming and outgoing transmissions. The HX890 is submersible, waterproof, designed to float, and is guaranteed to withstand a five foot drop on concrete. Standard Horizon HX890 Marine meet Class-H DSC and receive VHF, all US, Canadian, and International Maritime Frequencies, FM Radio Stations, and NOAA Weather Alerts. This very capable radio comes equipped with an 11 hour lithium ion battery and is protected by a 3 year warranty.
Key Features of the Standard Horizon HX890 Floating VHF/Marine Transceiver Include:
- Easy to Operate Menu System is Intuitive and Easy to Remember
- Integrated White Strobe Light which Turns On Automatically if Submerged Even When Radio is Powered Off
- 66 Channel GPS Receiver
- Track up to 9 Vessels with Group Monitoring & DCS Group Call Feature
- Man Overboard Function
- Easy to Read Full Dot Matrix Display
- Transmit your Maritime Mobile Service Identify Number (MMSI Number)
- 11 Hour Battery Life
- 3 Year Warranty
Your Standard Horizon HX890 VHF/GPS Marine Handheld Purchase Includes:
- 1 - HX890 Handset
- 1 - Flexible Antenna CAT460
- 1 - 1 Hour Lithium Ion Battery SBR-13I
- 1 Desktop Charging Device SBH-22 & SAD-25
- 1 Cigarette Lighter Charging Adapter E-DC-19A
- 1 AAA Alkaline Battery Case SBT-13
- 1 Belt Clip Clip-22
- 1 USB Cable T9101648
- 1 Lanyard
- Free Shipping
We Educate .... You Decide .... if the Standard Horizon HX890 is Right for You!
What is an MMSI Number and how do I get one? Mobile Service Identity Numbers are a unique 9 digit identification number assigned to you by the FCC to identify your vessel. Twowayradiocenter.com can assist you with obtaining an MMSI Number or you can acquire through a number of sources explained in more detail on our MMSI page.
What is the purpose of monitoring other vessels with the Standard Horizon HX890? Boating Clubs, Charter Fishing, Competition Fishing, and Commercial Fishing are just some examples of where monitoring the location of other vessels would come in handy.
Can I use the Standard Horizon HX890 for my Hunting Club? No, it is unlawful to use Marine VHF Frequencies on land.
What is Class-H DSC? This is a Maritime Standard for Digital Transmissions. This new standard isn't present in most marine handhelds.