The Motorola 53815 has been discontinued and there isn't a replacement available.
We like to call the Motorola 53815 the "Britney Spears" headset because she often wears a mic like this during her concerts. The Motorola 53815 is worn behind the head and rests over the ears. The Motorola 53815 is a VOX (voice activated) compatible headset meaning you can use this headset without pushing a button on the radio to speak, hands free communication.*
The Motorola 53815 headset is compatible with Motorola Two-Way radio models:
Motorola CLS Series: CLS1110, CLS1410, Motorola RDX Series: RDU2020, RDU2080d, RDU4100, RDU4160d, RDV2020, RDV2080d, RDV5100, RDM2020, RDM2080D, Motorola RM Series: RMM2080, RMU2040, RMU2080, RMU2080D, RMV2080, Motorola DTR Series: DTR410, DTR550, DTR650, Motorola AX Series: AXU4100, AXV5100, Motorola XTN Series: XU1100, XU2100, XU2600, XV1100, XV2100, XV2600, Motorola M Series: MU22CV, MU22CVS, MV11C, MV24CVS, MV24CVST, VL50, CP110, SP10, SP21, CP125 and SP50 two way radios.
*Please note: not all Motorola two way radios are VOX capable such as the Motorola CLS1110. The Motorola RDX Series non display two way radios require the VOX feature to be activated using the RDX series programming software and Motorola RKN4155 programming cable. The Motorola 53815 earpiece does work with all of the above two way radios by using the push-to-talk button on the two way radio. Please contact Two Way Radio Center with any questions.
The 53815 headset by Motorola is covered by Motorola's one year replacement warranty.
For the Motorola 53815 headset to work correctly with your Motorola two way radio follow the below steps:
1. Your Motorola two way radio must be turned off
2. Firmly connect your Motorola 53815 earpiece to the Motorola 2 way radio. You may feel a double click. At this point the Motorola 53815 headset should not be able to be tugged out easily.
3. Now that the Motorola 53815 headset with boom mic is firmly connected you may turn on your Motorola two-way radio and the earpiece should work correctly.
4. Now you should be able to listen through your new Motorola 53815 earpiece and transmit to other two way radios through the earpiece.
5. Enjoy your new Motorola 53815 headset.
Common earpiece issues due to incorrect installation include intermittent operation or the earpiece possibly not operating at all.
If the Motorola 53815 earpiece is not working correctly complete steps 1-3 or contact Two Way Radio Center for further assistance.