Motorola 53863 Earpiece with Boom Mic
Motorola 53863 Earpiece with Boom Mic is designed to be used in high noise environments such as nightclubs, family fun centers, and bowling centers. The earbud fits comfortably in the ear and the directional boom mic minimizes background noise. The Motorola 53863 has been discontinued by Motorola and is no longer available for sale.
This unit will work with the hands free VOX capable radios.* The Motorola 53863 Earpiece with Boom Mic is also offered for sale by Motorola as an HMN9039.
The Motorola 53863 is compatible with Motorola Two-Way radio models:
Motorola CLS Series: CLS1110, CLS1410, Motorola RDX Series: RDU2020, RDU2080d, RDU4100, RDU4160d, RDV2020, RDV2080d, RDV5100, RDM2020, RDM2080D, Motorola RM Series: RMM2080, RMU2040, RMU2080, RMU2080D, RMV2080, Motorola DTR Series: DTR410, DTR550, DTR650, Motorola AX Series: AXU4100, AXV5100, Motorola XTN Series: XU1100, XU2100, XU2600, XV1100, XV2100, XV2600, Motorola M Series: MU22CV, MU22CVS, MV11C, MV24CVS, MV24CVST, VL50, CP110, SP10, SP21, CP125 and SP50 two way radios.
*Please note: not all Motorola two way radios are VOX capable such as the Motorola CLS1110. The Motorola RDX Series non display two way radios require the VOX feature to be activated using the RDX series programming software and Motorola RKN4155 programming cable. The Motorola 53863 earpiece does work with all of the above two way radios by using the push-to-talk button on the two way radio. Please contact Two Way Radio Center with any questions.
The Motorola 53863 Earpiece with Boom Mic is protected by a one year full replacement warranty.
For the Motorola 53863 headset to work correctly with your Motorola two way radio follow the below steps:
1. Your Motorola two way radio must be turned off
2. Firmly connect your Motorola 53863 earpiece to the Motorola 2 way radio. You may feel a double click. At this point the Motorola 53863 headset should not be able to be tugged out easily.
3. Now that the Motorola 53863 earpiece is firmly connected you may turn on your Motorola two-way radio and the earpiece should work correctly.
4. Now you should be able to listen through your new Motorola 53863 earpiece and transmit to other two way radios through the earpiece.
5. Enjoy your new Motorola 53863 VOX headset.
Common earpiece issues due to incorrect installation include intermittent operation or the earpiece possibly not operating at all.
If the Motorola 53863 earpiece is not working correctly complete steps 1-3 or contact Two Way Radio Center for further assistance.