Motorola V-454 Waterproof UHF & VHF Two Way Radios with Alpha-Numeric Display
The Motorola VX-454 two way radio is an excellent representation of what Motorola stands for: durable, feature rich, compact, cost effective products with an industry leading three year warranty. Unlike other two way radios in its class the VX-454 by Motorola does not require an additional expensive option board for MDC1200 encode and decode, two tone and five tone paging, and custom channel announcement. You can use the Motorola VX-454 two way radio for simple reliable two way communication or you can use the full advanced feature set of the VX-454 2 way radio. Either way, the Motorola VX-454 2 way radio is the right 2 way radio for the job.
The Motorola VX-454 Two Way Radio is the direct replacement for Vertex Standard VX-454 series two way radios. Motorola discontinued using the Vertex Standard brand in the United States in 2017.
Motorola VX-454 Two Way Radio Users
Firemen have one of the toughest jobs out there. At any moment they could get the call to gear up and head out. Emergency crews rely on each other and their equipment to keep them safe. The Motorola VX-454 two way radio is quickly becoming the two way portable radio of choice for fire departments. The rugged Motorola VX-454 2 way radio meets IP57 military specifications for dust, vibration, splash, weather, and is waterproof up to three feet for thirty minutes. The Motorola VX-454 has an Emergency Alert feature which can transmit the radio’s unique id to dispatch. Two tone paging is a built in feature of the Motorola VX-454 2 way radio, which can mean one less piece of expensive equipment to carry. The Motorola VX-454 has an easy to read alpha numeric display. The custom channel announcement feature can be used so you don’t even have to look to see what channel you are on. With an industry leading three year warranty, the Motorola VX-454 is a two way radio you can depend on.
Ski resorts are one of many businesses using the Motorola VX-454 2 way radio. Key positions using the Motorola VX-454 two way radio include ski lift operators, repair technicians, supervisors, and ski patrol. Reliable, clear communication is a necessity in these positions. Ski instructors, tubing staff, the ticket booth, restaurant staff, and the ski shop all use the Motorola VX-454 two way radio to keep operations running smoothly and safely. The Vertex Standard VX-454 2 way radio is weatherproof and waterproof up to three feet for thirty minutes. The Vertex Standard VX-454 can spend its days on the slopes, getting dropped in the snow, and being skied over by a snow bunny.
Water parks and family fun centers rely on the Motorola VX-454 two way radio for their communication needs. A waterproof and weatherproof 2 way radio isn’t a luxury but a necessity. The Motorola VX-454 two way radio has the features a water park would need while still staying in budget. The easy to read LCD display and channel announcement feature makes the 2 way radio incredibly user friendly. Calling for back up at the ticket booth, a restock of supplies in the food kiosks or shops, to requesting assistance with equipment, the VX-454 by Motorola keeps operations flowing. The Emergency Alert feature can be used to page key staff members of situations that need immediate attention. From a missing child to a medical emergency, you can ensure your staff has the equipment necessary to respond effectively to any situation. The Motorola VX-454 two way radio enables your company to smoothly operate from day to day and ensure your customer has the best experience possible.
Your Motorola VX-454 two way radio will ship with:
- 1 VX-454 Handset. Specify UHF or VHF at time of order.
- 1 FNB-V133LI 1380 mAh Basic Capacity Lithium Ion Battery or 1 FNB-V134LI 2300 mAh High Capacity Lithium Ion Battery. Specify Basic or High Capacity Battery at time of order.
- FNB-V133LI up to 9.7 hrs battery life
- FNB-V134LI up to 15.8 hrs battery life
- 1 VAC-UNI-B Rapid Rate Single Unit Charger
- 1 Heavy Duty Belt Clip (CLIP-20)
- 1 UHF (450-470 MHz) or VHF (150-162 MHz) Removable Antenna-Please note if you require a custom frequency split
- 1 Warranty Registration Card
- 3 Year Manufactures Warranty
Key Features of the Motorola VX-454 Two Way Radio Include:
- 512 Channels with 32 Groups
- 5 Watts
- 7 Programmable Keys
- Clear 700 mW Audio Output
- Submersible & Weatherproof-IP57 Rating for dust and water protection for three feet for up to 30 minutes
- Optional Custom Channel Announcement
- Intrinsically safe option
Motorola VX-454 Two Way Radio Additional Features Include:
- Programmable tri-color LED custom call alert Voice compander
- Internal VOX
- CTCSS / DCS encode/decode
- MDC-1200 encode/decode
- 2-Tone encode/decode
- 5-Tone encode/decode
- Lone worker alert
- Emergency alert
- Key lock
- Voice inversion encryption
- Manual on/off encryption activation
- RX/TX Battery power save
- DTMF ANI
- DTMF Speed dial
- DTMF Paging
- Stun/kill/revive (5-tone)
- Clear voice
- Minimum volume control
- Manual squelch adjustment
- BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
- Priority scan
- Dual Watch scan
- Follow-me scan
- Talk Around scan
- Nuisance Channel Delete
- Radio-to-radio cloning
Option Boards for the Motorola VX-454 Two Way Radio
- DVS-8: Digital voice storage unit
- DVS-9: Man down alert with digital voice