Vertex Standard VX-231 5 Watt Two Way Radio
The Vertex VX-231 two way radio is no longer available for sale. The Vertex Standard VX-231 has been replaced by the Motorola VX-261.
Vertex Standard's VX-231 Series Two Way Radio is feature rich and affordable. The Vertex Standard VX-231 two way radio is the right choice for your business if you're looking for an affordable, compact, and durable two way radio that won't break your budget. The VX-231 is built to military specifications meaning you can depend on this unit to continue working in the roughest of condition. Your Vertex Standard VX-231 will be protected by the two way radio industries leading Three Year Warranty.
Your Vertex Standard VX-231 two way radio will ship with:
- 1 VX-231 Handset. Specify UHF or VHF at time of order.
- 1 FNB-V131LI-UNI Lithium Ion Battery – 8-10 Hour battery life
- 1 VAC-UNI-B Universal Desktop Rapid Charger
- 1 Heavy Duty Belt Clip (Clip-18)
- 1 UHF or VHF Removable Antenna
- 1 Warranty Registration Card
- 3 Year Manufactures Warranty
Your Vertex Standard VX-231 wil need to be programmed to work with your existing fleet of two way radios. Please email us your frequencies or give us a call at 855-770-7194 for further assistance.
Vertex Standard Radio Packages
Vertex Standard has recently adopted a universal charger system. Please note the below package configurations, availability, and the battery/charger compatibility.
- VX-231-AD0B-5 UNI VHF with FNB-V131LI-UNI Battery, VAC-UNI-B Charger, and ATV-8B Antenna-package is available
- VX-231-AD0B-5 PKG-1 VHF with FNB-V103LI Battery, VAC-300B Charger, and ATV-8B Antenna-package may be available with an additional charge of $10-please call for availability
- VX-231-AG7B-5 UNI UHF with FNB-V131LI-UNI Battery, VAC-UNI-B Charger, and ATU-6D Antenna-package is available.
- VX-231-AG7B-5 PKG-1 UHF with FNB-V103LI Battery, VAC-300B Charger, and ATU-6D Antenna-package may be available with an additional charge of $10-please call for availability
Vertex Standard's VX-231 Additional Features
- 16 Channel capacity
- 5 Watts of Power
- Two programmable keys
- Flexible Channel Spacing
- Battery Power Save option
- Emergency Signaling
- Lone Worker Signaling
- 2 Tone Encode and Decode Signaling
- Radio-to-radio Cloning
- Dual Watch
- Follow Me
- Talk Around
- IP 54 Rating
- Auto-range Transpond System (ARTS)
- PC Programming
- Radio to Radio Cloning
- DTMF ANI
- DTMF Speed Dialing
Vertex Standard VX-231 Product Specifications
Dimensions: 4.3 X 2.3 X 1.2 Inches
Weight: 10.1 oz
VX-231 VHF Frequencie Range 134 MHz -174 MHz
VX-231 UHF Frequencie Range 450 MHz - 512 MHz
Operating Temperature Range: -22° F to +140° F
Audio Output 500mW @ 4 Ohms 5% THD
Audio Distortion <3% @ 1 kHz
Videos on the Vertex VX-231 (Click on Title to View)
What's in the Box Video
Programming Basics for the Vertex VX-231
Vertex Standard VX-231 Programming Software Installation
Vertex Standard FIF-10A/12 Programming Cable and Software
The Vertex Standard VX-231 Series Two Way Radio comes in UHF and VHF models. You will need to specify which you need when placing your order. The VX-231 can be programmed to work with your existing fleet of two way radios. If you've never purchased two way radios before, we encourage you to purchase UHF as they work best in indoor and mixed environments. If your two way radios are only used outdoors, we reccomend VHF. If you have frequencies you want us to program your two way radios too, please note your order accordingly. If you need help determining how to make your new Vertex Standard VX-231's work with your existing two way radios, please email us or call us and we'll be glad to assist you.