Motorola 56518 Headset with Boom Mic
Motorola 56518 is designed for users in high noise environments or where you want to bring visibility to two way radios in your environment. For instance, Old Navy and the Gap use headsets like the Motorola 56518 so their employees are easily recognized as an employee. This headset can be voice activated with the Motorola CLS1410 and Motorola RDX Series VOX capable two way radios. The Motorola 56518 is a VOX (voice activated) compatible headset meaning you can use this headset without pushing a button on the radio to speak, hands free communication.*
The Motorola 56518 earpiece with boom mic is compatible with Motorola Two-Way radio models:
Motorola CLS Series: CLS1110, CLS1410, Motorola RDX Series: RDU2020, RDU2080d, RDU4100, RDU4160d, RDV2020, RDV2080d, RDV5100, RDM2020, RDM2080D, Motorola RM Series: RMM2080, RMU2040, RMU2080, RMU2080D, RMV2080, Motorola DTR Series: DTR410, DTR550, DTR650, Motorola AX Series: AXU4100, AXV5100, Motorola XTN Series: XU1100, XU2100, XU2600, XV1100, XV2100, XV2600, Motorola M Series: MU22CV, MU22CVS, MV11C, MV24CVS, MV24CVST, VL50, CP110, SP10, SP21, CP125 and SP50 two way radios.
Please note: not all Motorola two way radios are VOX capable such as the Motorola CLS1110. The Motorola RDX Series non display two way radios require the VOX feature to be activated using the RDX series programming software and Motorola RKN4155 programming cable. The Motorola 56518 earpiece does work with all of the above two way radios by using the push-to-talk button on the two way radio. Please contact Two Way Radio Center with any questions.
The Motorola 56518 earpiece is covered by a one year replacement warranty.
For the Motorola 56518 headset with boom mic to work correctly with your Motorola two way radio follow the below steps:
1. Your Motorola two way radio must be turned off
2. Firmly connect your Motorola 56518 earpiece to the Motorola 2 way radio. You may feel a double click. At this point the Motorola 56518 earpiece should not be able to be tugged out easily.
3. Now that the Motorola 56518 headset is firmly connected you may turn on your Motorola two-way radio and the headset should work correctly.
4. Now you should be able to listen through your new Motorola 56518 earpiece and transmit to other two way radios through the headset.
5. Enjoy your new Motorola 56518 earpiece with boom mic.
Common earpiece issues due to incorrect installation include intermittent operation or the earpiece possibly not operating at all.
If the Motorola 56518 earpiece is not working correctly complete steps 1-3 or contact Two Way Radio Center for further assistance.